Associate Director of Recruitment and Outreach
Associate Director of Recruitment and Outreach
& ANY MATERIALS TO:
Director of Applications Services, Recruitment & Student Affairs
Oct 11, 2017
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) has an opening for a seasoned professional to serve as its Associate Director of Recruitment and Outreach in a newly created position designed to focus AACOM’s efforts in the student recruiting and outreach area. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with the higher education application and applicant recruiting process coupled with experience and expertise developing and managing programs and communications designed to reach out to and attract prospective applicants.
AACOM was founded in 1898 to lend support and assistance to the nation's osteopathic medical schools, and to serve as a unifying voice for osteopathic medical education. Having grown from a handful of college administrators a century ago, the organization today represents the administration, faculty and students of all the osteopathic medical colleges in the United States. The association, guided by its Board of Deans and various other member councils and committees, is actively involved in all areas of osteopathic medical education.
The Associate Director leads the development and implementation of a national recruitment strategy to raise the visibility of the osteopathic medical profession as an interesting and exciting medical career path. This position will have direct responsibility for expanding the pipeline of diverse and qualified applicants and requires an innovative thinker who can leverage marketing and leverage professional collaborations and technology to build a strong foundation for national recruitment efforts. This includes building collaborations and a national effort focused on educational organizations (pre-health, K-12, STEM, diversity, etc.), in particular at the high school and college advisors level. This position will also develop innovated programs too increase digital engagement with prospective and current applicants through all areas of conventional, electronic and social media.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of college recruitment/admissions systems, best practices and operations (hands experience and an ability or past experience with the Liaison system or other medical school applications systems a plus).
- Ability to manage digital systems and initiatives, in particular application processing systems, customer relationship management systems, webinars, virtual fairs, social media, etc.
- Strong skills coupled with extensive experience a in project management, event planning, marketing, process improvement and assessment are required.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects, to perform effectively with a fluctuating workload in a fast-paced environment, and to generate a number of different critical thinking and problem-solving approaches.
- Proven ability to foster and manage collaborative partnerships successfully with strong customer service focus.
- Superior writing and communications skills with on-line and print materials with large readership are essential. Strong oral communication/public speaking skills with experience and an ability to develop and make presentations to large audiences.
- Proven ability to work effectively, prioritize, and independently follow through on assignments; strong organizational skills and attention to detail are critical.
- A basic understanding of statistical analysis and statistical information is strongly preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree in higher education or other advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five to seven years recruitment/admissions/student affairs experience. Experience working with STEM field preferred; outreach to historically underrepresented minority groups and other diverse populations.
- Hands on experience with the Liaison applications or similar applications system and related operations and procedures are a definite advantage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at designated company office location during normal business hours designated for the position.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds to a height of 48 inches and/or roll a cart with a loaded weight not to exceed 150-200 pounds is required.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
AACOM is an equal opportunity and employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.