& ANY MATERIALS TO:
Executive Director, AOGME
Dec 11, 2017
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) has an opening for a seasoned professional to serve as its Associate Director of Recruitment and Outreach in a newly created position designed to focus AACOM’s efforts in the student recruiting and outreach area. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with the higher education application and applicant recruiting process coupled with experience and expertise developing and managing programs and communications designed to reach out to and attract prospective applicants.
AACOM was founded in 1898 to lend support and assistance to the nation's osteopathic medical schools, and to serve as a unifying voice for osteopathic medical education. Having grown from a handful of college administrators a century ago, the organization today represents the administration, faculty and students of all the osteopathic medical colleges in the United States. The association, guided by its Board of Deans and various other member councils and committees, is actively involved in all areas of osteopathic medical education.
This role will support all activities for the Assembly of Osteopathic Graduate Medical Educators (AOGME), a component within the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the program coordinator will provide administrative support for all AOGME activities and other tasks to support AOGME’s members and Board as assigned. Efforts of AOGME will support AACOM’s graduate medical education initiatives overall and support the continuum of osteopathic medical education.
The Program Coordinator's primary responsibilities are:
- Provide high quality customer service to members and prospective members including answering member questions via email, phone, face-to-face, mailings, etc.
- Record communication and contacts with members in association management system (AMS)
- Respond to Board or member questions/requests in prompt and professional manner
- Support meetings and events planning and execution; helping to plan and organize webinars and other online educational events
- Assist in membership invoicing, billing
- Assist in updating and maintaining webpages for AOGME
- Note-taking/compiling minutes during meetings
- Assist in publications including monthly newsletter, articles and other publications
- Assist in implementation of membership and volunteer programs
- Facilitate annual membership drive
- Process membership applications or changes
- Maintain membership records, acknowledge memberships
- File and maintain accurate records
- Prepare correspondence and reports as requested by supervisor and composes draft letters following established formats. Proof-reads all materials for accuracy
- Maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems, making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information
Required Skills and Abilities
- Very strong communication skills (both written and oral)—comfortable communicating via email, phone, and face-to-face contact
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Research skills a plus (internet research etc)
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with association management systems (AMS) such as IMIS, NetForum
- Experience with meeting planning software, applications and conference abstract software such as OASIS
- Experience with webinar and conference calling systems such as Zoom, ReadyTalk etc…
- Meetings/event planning and execution
- Experience in accounting, processing membership dues preferred.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. 1-3 years of related experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at designated company office location during normal business hours designated for the position.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds to a height of 48 inches and/or roll a cart with a loaded weight not to exceed 150-200 pounds is required.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
AACOM is an equal opportunity and employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.