& ANY MATERIALS TO:
Manager of Communications
Jan. 24, 2018
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) has an opening for a seasoned professional to serve as its Associate Director of Recruitment and Outreach in a newly created position designed to focus AACOM’s efforts in the student recruiting and outreach area. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with the higher education application and applicant recruiting process coupled with experience and expertise developing and managing programs and communications designed to reach out to and attract prospective applicants.
AACOM was founded in 1898 to lend support and assistance to the nation's osteopathic medical schools, and to serve as a unifying voice for osteopathic medical education. Having grown from a handful of college administrators a century ago, the organization today represents the administration, faculty and students of all the osteopathic medical colleges in the United States. The association, guided by its Board of Deans and various other member councils and committees, is actively involved in all areas of osteopathic medical education.
The Senior Editor is responsible for developing and curating content for the Marketing and Communications Department. This includes, but is not limited to, writing and editing print and digital content for e-newsletters, reports, press releases, marketing resources, blast emails, website, and social networking platforms.
Drafts and edits press announcements
The Marketing and Communications Department drafts all non-government-related press releases, statements, and letters on behalf of the Association or the President and CEO.
Researches, drafts, and edits articles for e-newsletters
Regularly-published e-newsletters requiring support include Inside OME and Advise & Enroll, which are each tailored to different audiences within the AACOM membership.
Provides editorial support for publications
Publications include the annual Osteopathic Medical College Information Book, Glossary of Osteopathic Terminology, annual Student DO of the Year essay compilation, and others as needed.
Drafts and edits promotional blast emails
Email marketing is one tactic used to promote applications to several grants and scholarships, award programs, and fellowships, as well as drive registration for the Annual Conference.
Develops and curates content for social media
AACOM currently engages on several social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Prepares and edits reports as requested
Reports handled by Marketing and Communications include the Board Chair reports to the Board of Deans, AOA Board of Trustees reports, and AOA Bureau of Osteopathic Education reports, Marketing and Communications Department reports, Marketing and Communications Advisory Council reports, and Council of Development and Alumni Relations reports.
Performs other editing, writing, and tasks as assigned
- Curates images for web and print content
- Assists the Marketing and Communications Specialist with web layout
- Makes edits to AACOM website as needed
- Monitors daily news clipping service for relevant stories
- Assists with preparation and onsite logistics for the AACOM Annual Conference
- Assists in ordering branded giveaway items
- Supports the Marketing and Communications Department in the development and maintenance of AACOM’s basic communications tools, including marketing materials, mailing lists, templates, branding assets, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism, English, or related field.
- Minimum of five years related professional experience required.
- Experience with health and medicine and/or higher education preferred.
- Proficiency in multiple editorial style guides is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
AACOM is an equal opportunity and employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.