- Essential Anatomy App
- Visible Body App
- KISS Anatomy
- Anatomy Coloring Book
- BRS Embryology
- BRS Gross Anatomy*
- Clemente’s Anatomy
- Clinical Applications of Anatomy
- Color Atlas of Anatomy
- Rohen Color Atlas of Anatomy
- Netter’s Atlas**
- Robin Cadaveric Atlas
- Thieme Anatomy Atlas
- Grant’s Dissector
- Gray’s Anatomy
- Moore’s Clinically Oriented Anatomy*
- Moore’s Dissector
- Netter Clinical Anatomy (Baby Netter)
- Rohen Dead Book
- USMLE Roadmap to Anatomy
- Acland’s Video Atlas of Human Anatomy
- Lachman’s Anatomy Cases
- Netter’s Flashcards
- The best way to learn is to spend hours in the lab seeing every objective 2-3 times and then quizzing your fellow students
- Make sure you use Netter’s and an atlas with actual photos of cadavers in it. It was also extremely helpful to set up “mock practicals” with a group of friends before an actual graded practical. We took turns just pointing to structures and then writing them down.
- Always know the course of your blood vessels and nerves, and anything that is different from normal. Also know your dermatomes and reflexes. Embryology can also be really helpful in understanding your anatomy. Take note of any clinical info you get during anatomy and embryology.
- I am a visual learner so drawing out structures and branching patterns for nerves and vessels was the best way for me to learn.
- Time in gross cadaver lab is probably the best way to learn anatomy and understand relationships of organs/body parts to one another.
- Reading through Netter’s and Grant’s will help with identification and Moore’s will help with understanding the functions of each structure.
- Study structures with Netter then the dissection guide once the dissection has been completed. Make as many relationships to embryology and clinical medicine as possible.
- Lots of time in the anatomy lab.
- Make sure you save the slides for OMM because it will come back.
- Study and know relationships on paper and where things should be located BEFORE going into cadaver lab.
* – Top rated book resources