Fast Facts About Osteopathic Medical Education
- Visit What is Osteopathic Medicine? to learn more about the history and practice of osteopathic medicine.
- In the 2015-16 academic year osteopathic medical colleges are educating over 26,100 future physicians – more than 20% of US medical students.
AACOM represents the 31 accredited colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States.
These colleges are accredited to deliver instruction at 44 teaching locations in 29 states.
- Six of the colleges are publicly controlled, 25 are private institutions.
- Number of applicants to osteopathic medical colleges in 2014: 17,944
- Number of applicants to osteopathic medical colleges in 2001: 6,898
- 2001 first-year enrollment: 3,043
- 2001 total enrollment: 11,101
- 2014 total graduates: nearly 4,997
- 2001 total graduates: 2,536
For additional data on these and other osteopathic medical education topics please visit AACOM Reports
or contact email@example.com