The National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education, in collaboration with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, The John A. Hartford Foundation, the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation, and the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, is soliciting proposals designed to accelerate the development of creative, robust and sustainable interprofessional initiatives in which graduate nursing and one or more other professions actively learn and work together with individuals and their families in community-based clinical settings.
The goal of the initiative is for health and other professional schools, with a history of collaboration, to work together with a community partner and the individuals and families that it serves to develop innovative, creative and sustainable interprofessional clinical initiatives that accelerate their existing interprofessional education (IPE) and collaboration (IPC) work.
An informational webinar will be held Monday, May 2 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM EDT. Register here.
Awards: Up to 20 graduate nursing programs that collaborate with one or more professional schools and a community clinical setting will receive up to $50,000 for a two-year initiative. The recipient is required to provide a 1:1 match of cash. Matching funds can be provided by the applicant school, professional school partners, university and/or clinical community partners or others committed to the success of the initiative.
- Applicants must be an accredited nursing school with graduate programs committed to working in partnership with other health and non-health related professional schools and community-based clinical partner.
- Applicants must partner with at least one other professional school (health or non-health) and a community-based clinical site.
- The principal investigator must be a faculty member in a nursing school/program, based in the United States or its territories.
- Proposals that demonstrate existing interprofessional relationships that will be accelerated by this funding are encouraged.
- Please visit nexusipe.org/accelerating to view the call for proposals and application requirements.
- Proposals must be submitted through the online submission system at nexusipe.org/accelerating.
- Initial access to the online application for this submission will be made available on April 25, 2016.
Deadline to apply is July 15, 2016. Learn more.