Educational Council on Osteopathic Principles (ECOP) AACOM’s Educational Council on Osteopathic Principles (ECOP) held its fall meeting September 15 – 17 at the Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. Kevin Treffer, DO, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine, presided over his first meeting as ECOP Chair. Representatives from 22 colleges of osteopathic medicine attended the meeting. Topics discussed included osteopathic manipulative medicine curriculum, the Glossary of Osteopathic Terminology, Clinical Osteopathically Integrated Learning Scenarios, and osteopathic manipulative medicine in rotations. Fred Mitchell, DO, one of the founders of ECOP in 1969, spoke to the participants on terminology related to muscle energy techniques. ECOP will hold its next meeting April 19 – 21 at Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
The SOME Steering Committee will meet October 17 at AACOM in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
The Council of Student Financial Aid Administrators (CSFAA) will convene via conference call on October 17.
The following meetings will be held in conjunction with the upcoming Annual American Osteopathic Association Medical Conference & Exposition in Orlando, Florida. They will take place at the Peabody Hotel, unless otherwise noted.
- Council of Osteopathic Students Government Presidents (COSGP) Executive Board: Friday, October 28, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Council of Student Government Presidents: Saturday, October 29, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm; Sunday, October 30, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm; Monday, October 31, 7:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Core Competency Task Force: Saturday, October 29, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Marketing and Communications Advisory Council (MAC): Monday, October 31, 9:45 am – 11:45 am.
- Development and Alumni Relations Council (Dev-Alum) Working Luncheon: Monday, October 31, 12:00 noon – 2:00 pm, at the Oceanaire Seafood Room.
- Council of Fiscal Officers (CFO): Tuesday, November 1, 7:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Educational Council on Osteopathic Principles (ECOP): Tuesday, November 1, 3:30 – 5:00 pm.
- Council of Osteopathic Medical Admissions Officers (COMAO): Wednesday, November 2, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Assembly of Presidents Meeting: Wednesday, November 2: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm; Luncheon 12:00 noon – 2:00 pm.