After several months of testing, AACOM has begun to roll out an exciting new way for members and others to communicate and collaborate on topics of interest: AACOMmunities!
Over the coming weeks, each of the existing listservs will be transitioned to the AACOMmunities forum. Two council listervs, the Educational Council on Osteopathic Principles (ECOP) and the Council of Osteopathic Student Government Presidents (COSGP), have already begun the shift to AACOMmunities. During this process, AACOM will also be opening up new communities, including one for attendees of this year’s Joint AACOM & AODME 2013 Annual Meeting.
AACOMmunities offers enhanced collaboration tools including:
- Participating member profiles with optional links to LinkedIn or Twitter
- Resource libraries for documents, photos, webinars, videos and audio
- Threaded discussions organized by date and topic
- Blogging opportunities
- Robust search capacity for locating discussions, members and resources
- Custom comprehensive privacy settings
- Easy access to all participants AACOM councils and groups in one place!
AACOMmunity members are able to start new discussions, comment on existing discussions, interact directly with other participants, and access community resources. Participants also have control over the frequency of incoming email updates from their communities.
For questions or further information, please contact Lisa Etienne, AACOMmunity Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.