Pre-registration is still available for the upcoming AACOM 2014 Annual Conference, to be held April 2-5 at the Capitol Hilton in Washington, DC. The theme of this year’s conference is “Osteopathic Medical Education: Keys to Success," and will comprise sessions and keynote addresses focused on contemporary concepts and issues from throughout the osteopathic medical education continuum. Pre-registration closes Wednesday, March 12 at 11:59 pm (EST).
Conference attendees will benefit from this year's robust program, brimming with informative and stimulating presentations and workshops offering up to 21.75 CME credits, as well as plenty of opportunities to meet and collaborate with leaders and colleagues from across the osteopathic medical education community. Event highlights include:
Inspiring keynote speakers:
- Paul Grundy, MD, MPH, IBM Global Director of Healthcare Transformation and President of the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative
- Erica Frank, MD, MPH, Professor and Canada Research Chair, University of British Columbia Founder, President, + Research Director: NextGenU.org + Healthy Doc=Healthy Patient Research Director, Annenberg Physician Training Program
- Gail Wilensky, PhD, Senior, Project HOPE, and Co-Chair, IOM Committee on Governance and Financing of Graduate Medical Education
Thought-provoking pre-conference workshops:
- Training Osteopathic Primary Care Educators (TOPCE) - Morning Session
- The Integrative Curriculum: Bringing the Basic Sciences, Clinical Medicine and the Osteopathic Concept Together
- Overcoming Challenges in the Assessment and Remediation of the Humanistic Dimension
- Training Osteopathic Primary Care Educators (TOPCE) - Afternoon Session
- Special Program for Professional Development: Success and Survival in Academic Medicine: Critical Skills Development in Finance and Negotiations
- New Teaching and Learning Paradigms - Focus on Clinical Faculty Development
Additionally, sponsorship and advertising opportunities are still available. Visit the AACOM 2014 Annual Conference Sponsorships and/or Advertising web page/s for additional information.
Follow us on Twitter @AACOMmunities #AACOM2014 and visit the 2014 Annual Conference web page regularly for event updates and announcements.