AACOM has recently announced the osteopathic medical student recipients of the 2014 Sherry R. Arnstein Minority Student Scholarships. Of the more than 40 applications submitted this year, five student recipients were chosen based on a rigorous evaluation of their credentials and applications. This year, each awardee received $2,000 in scholarship funding. AACOM congratulates the following osteopathic medical students:
- Vivian Particla, Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine – California (TouroCOM-CA)
- Tieg Beazer, Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine – New York (TouroCOM-NY)
- Venus Monique Oliva, Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)
- Victor Appau, Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)
- Sakeina R. Howard-Wilson, Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)
Annually, at least one new osteopathic medical student and one continuing osteopathic medical student are chosen through a competitive application process to receive a Sherry R. Arnstein Minority Student Scholarship. Named after former AACOM Executive Director Sherry R. Arnstein, the program recognizes and supports underrepresented minority students at AACOM’s member colleges of osteopathic medicine (COMs).
For more information on the program and to learn how to apply, visit AACOM’s Sherry R. Arnstein Minority Student Scholarship webpage.