he American Medical Association (AMA) is accepting applications from MD- and DO- granting medical schools in the United States to join the 11 founding members in the AMA Accelerating Change in Medical Education Consortium. The consortium provides the opportunity for medical schools to join with visionary partners in its community of innovation.
The AMA is accepting applications through September 16, 2015.
The Accelerating Change in Medical Education initiative has provided funding for major innovations at U.S. medical schools, bringing these schools together to collaborate, develop transformation strategies, and promote new models in education.
Awarded $75,000 over three years, up to 20 grant recipients will:
- Adopt or develop an educational innovation
- Collaborate with consortium members to gather ideas, solutions and best practices
- Share their innovations across the wider medical education community
Visit the AMA Accelerating Change in Medical Education web page for a summary of application guidelines, key dates, and submission instructions.
Creating the Medical School of the Future
The AMA is collaborating to accelerate change in medical education by creating a system that trains physicians to meet the needs of today's patients and to anticipate future changes. The consortium disseminates the proven transformation strategies that emerge from these leading medical schools across the medical education environment.
The Accelerating Change in Medical Education Consortium schools work synergistically to develop common solutions to transform medical education in the following key areas:
- Developing flexible, competency-based pathways
- Teaching new content in health care delivery sciences
- Working with health care delivery systems in novel ways
- Making technology work for learning
- Envisioning the master adaptive learner
- Shaping tomorrow’s leaders
For more information or to apply, visit the AMA website.