Social Media Spotlight
AACOM engaged an array of stakeholders—DO leaders, osteopathic medical educators, current and future students, and others—in sessions, council meetings, and with an active presence throughout the recent American Osteopathic Association (@AOAforDOs) OMED 2016 conference in Anaheim, CA.
Renew your purpose.
We were proud to kick off the #OMED2016 weekend by attending the American Osteopathic Foundation (AOF)’s Honors 2016 gala, joining colleges of osteopathic medicine (COMs), organizational partners, and allies nationwide for an evening of inspiration.
- We celebrated excellence in the DO profession at #AOFHonors2016, and were inspired by student and physician leaders including AACOM Associate VP for Medical Education, Chief of Clinical Education, Tyler Cymet, DO, who was honored along with Alesia Wagner, DO, as 2016 Educators of the Year
- @COSGP welcomed James Avey, PhD, to the National Osteopathic Student Seminar (#NOSS2016), where he shared insights on the future of medical leadership in an interactive session
- Special session organized by @NationalSOMA featured an AACOMAS presentation from AACOM Director of Application Services, Recruitment & Student Affairs Stephanie Wurth who shared important information about applying to osteopathic medicine school in the 2017 cycle
Renew your passion.
Throughout the conference, attendees visited AACOM’s booth in the OMED Central Exhibit Hall where they met staff and learned about osteopathic medicine, and enjoyed the poster viewing session, which featured DO student research from the nation’s COMs.
- World-renowned author and public speaker Deepak Chopra, MD, provided the keynote address, making a powerful connection between cultivating the state of awareness, wellbeing, and healing. “Osteopathic physicians have always focused on innate healing,” @DeepakChopra said
- Attendees took advantage of #OMED2016’s festival, yoga, and other activities in the Outside Plaza to relax and reboot with other conference-goers
We look forward to seeing many of you at OMED 2017 in Philadelphia!