More than 20 percent of all U.S. medical students are attending one of the nation’s colleges of osteopathic medicine.
- There are 29 colleges of osteopathic medicine, four branch campuses and four remote teaching sites offering instruction at 37 locations in 28 states.
- 23 are private colleges; 6 are public
See more information on Osteopathic Medical Colleges.
Number of Applicants to Osteopathic Medical Colleges
See more information on Applicants.
- 2011 First-Year Enrollment: 5,788
- 2011 Total Enrollment: 20,663
- 2015 Projected First-Year Enrollment: 6,297
- 2015 Projected Total Enrollment: 22,921
- 2001 First-Year Enrollment: 3,043
- 2001 Total Enrollment: 11,101
Enrollment projections are subject to change.
See more information on Enrollment.
- 2011 Total Graduates: nearly 4,200
- 2001 Total Graduates: 2,536
- 2012 Projected Graduates: 4,450
- 2015 Projected Graduates: 5,300
Graduate projections are subject to change.
See more information on Graduates.