In the 2013-14 academic year these colleges are educating over 23,000 future physicians – more than 20% of US medical students.
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) represents the 30 accredited colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States.
These colleges are accredited to deliver instruction at 42 teaching locations in 28 states.
- Six of the colleges are publicly controlled, 24 are private institutions.
See more information on Osteopathic Medical Colleges
Number of Applicants to Osteopathic Medical Colleges (AACOMAS)
See more information on Applicants
- 2013 First-Year Enrollment: 6,641
- 2013 Total Enrollment: 23,144
- 2001 First-Year Enrollment: 3,043
- 2001 Total Enrollment: 11,101
See more information on Enrollment
- 2013 Total Graduates: nearly 4,726
- 2001 Total Graduates: 2,536
- 2015 Projected Graduates: 5,300
Graduate projections are subject to change.
See more information on Graduates