More than 20 percent of all U.S. medical students are attending one of the nation’s colleges of osteopathic medicine.
- There are 30 colleges of osteopathic medicine, four branch campuses and four remote teaching sites offering instruction at 40 locations in 28 states.
- 24 are private colleges; 6 are public.
See more information on Osteopathic Medical Colleges
Number of Applicants to Osteopathic Medical Colleges (AACOMAS)
See more information on Applicants
- 2013 First-Year Enrollment: 6,641
- 2013 Total Enrollment: 23,144
- 2001 First-Year Enrollment: 3,043
- 2001 Total Enrollment: 11,101
See more information on Enrollment
- 2013 Total Graduates: nearly 4,726
- 2001 Total Graduates: 2,536
- 2015 Projected Graduates: 5,300
Graduate projections are subject to change.
See more information on Graduates