The Society of Osteopathic Medical Educators is an open-membership society of osteopathic medical educators (faculty and staff) who are involved in planning and/or providing osteopathic medical education programs along the full continuum of osteopathic medical education.
SOME Operating Strategies
The Society seeks to include those involved in educational programs through the colleges of osteopathic medicine, osteopathic post-graduate training institutions (OPTIs), specialty colleges, and continuing medical education programs. The mission of the society is to promote the continuous collaborative improvement of osteopathic medical education.
The strategies of this Council shall be to:
- share information regarding current educational practices, including content, processes, and administrative oversight, along the continuum of osteopathic medical education
- implement best practices for medical education programs along the continuum of osteopathic medical education
- promote, plan, conduct and disseminate the results of individual and collaborative osteopathic medical education research
- provide opportunities for collaboration among the colleges of osteopathic medicine and among educational programs along the continuum of osteopathic medical education
- develop and recommend administrative policies that would promote and reward education scholarship,
- present recommendations to the Board of Deans and to prepare and present other reports which may be requested by the Board of Deans.
AACOM Staff Liaisons