SOME offers two $1,000 awards, annually, within the scope of “Innovations in Medical Education.” Applications will be reviewed and selected on merit by peer-review.
Note: To be eligible for this award, the nominee must be a member of SOME (self-nomination is acceptable). (See more information about SOME and how to follow through on quick, free membership.) NOTE: Members of the SOME Steering Committee are not eligible to apply.
Available award categories within “Innovations in Medical Education” include:
- The Marguerite Elliott Innovation in Clinical Medical Education Award
- Innovation in Basic Science Medical Education Award
- Innovation in Osteopathic Medical Distinctiveness Award
- Innovation in Ideas Carried Through from AACOM Annual Conferences Award
- Innovation in the Development of Enduring Educational Materials Award
The Application Process is electronic and requires:
- Title of the innovation
- Description of the innovation containing sufficient detail to allow replication by peers
- Supporting evidence of the effectiveness of the innovation (e.g. letter(s) of support from participants/users/master educational administrators who are well acquainted with the innovation and/or other outcome measurements)
Submit Your SOME Innovations Award Application Now!