| POSITION TITLE:
| SUBMIT RESUME
& ANY MATERIALS TO:
| REPORTS TO:
||Director of Marketing
AACOM is temporarily working remotely due to COVID.
||October 13, 2021
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) was founded in 1898 to lend support and assistance to the nation's osteopathic medical schools, and to serve as a unifying voice for osteopathic medical education. The association is guided by its Board of Deans of member colleges of osteopathic medicine, and various other member councils and committees. AACOM represents and advances the continuum of medical education by:
- supporting our member institutions as they educate the future physician workforce;
- increasing awareness of osteopathic medical education and osteopathic medicine;
- promoting excellence in medical education, policy, research, and service; and
- fostering innovation and quality throughout medical education
AACOM’s strategic plan is focused on operating a fiscally responsible organization that embraces the use of technology to enhance member service, leverage business intelligence, and support communication and collaboration across its diverse communities of administration, faculty, and students of the osteopathic medical colleges in the United States.
The Content Manager is responsible for developing AACOM’s content strategy, as well as creating and managing many of its deliverables using good SEO techniques to help drive audience engagement. This includes but is not limited to blog posts, broadcast emails, email newsletters, website copy and social marketing copy, presentations, marketing materials and podcast and video scripts. The Content Manager responsibilities also include the technical aspect of content creation, such as basic HTML formatting and SEO.
Responsible for drafting, curating, editing and publishing copy for the bi-weekly Inside OME e-newsletter. Contributes editing support for OGME Now and collaborates with the Manager, Public Affairs and Media, on Washington Insider.
- Drafts and edits broadcast emails highlighting various AACOM announcements and promoting AACOM events and webinars.
- Regularly sets, analyzes and adjusts key performance indicators to determine content effectiveness.
- Collaborates with other departments on content creation, with a particular focus on supporting the Recruitment and Admissions team to develop materials for recruitment purposes, such as blog posts, email campaigns, etc.
- Supports the development of digital marketing efforts to generate interest and attendance at AACOM’s annual conference.
- Collaborates with Manager, Social Media and Analytics, on the development of a content/editorial calendar to identify content needs and establish when content will be distributed and through which channels. Also provide content development support as needed.
- Drafts, edits and publishes content to AACOM.org and ChooseDO.org as needed.
- Prepares and edits reports, presentations, other materials as needed.
- Supports the development and maintenance of AACOM’s branding and communication tools, including AACOM’s style guide and terminology conventions.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director of Marketing and SVP of Marketing, Communications and Events.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism, English, or related field.
Minimum of five years related professional experience required, preferably with a digital marketing agency, educational or medical institution, or membership association.
- Experience in copywriting, graphic design, programming or a related field may be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence in nurturing good working relationships
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and enjoy working independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Strategic thinker
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with content management software, preferably with WordPress, and basic knowledge of HTML.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred.
Office environment and occasional travel to national meetings. Daily computer and telephone use.
AACOM is currently working under mandatory telework, and all business travel is restricted.
General Benefits Information
AACOM is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits program that best meets the needs of the employees and their families. Employee benefits, based on eligibility, include:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement plans with a generous Organization contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Athletic Club reimbursement
- Supplemented Parking and Transit cost
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).