& ANY MATERIALS TO:
Vice President of Finance and Operations
Will receive day-to-day instruction from the outsourced Accounting Manager
Nov 13, 2017
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) has an opening for a seasoned professional to serve as its Associate Director of Recruitment and Outreach in a newly created position designed to focus AACOM’s efforts in the student recruiting and outreach area. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with the higher education application and applicant recruiting process coupled with experience and expertise developing and managing programs and communications designed to reach out to and attract prospective applicants.
AACOM was founded in 1898 to lend support and assistance to the nation's osteopathic medical schools, and to serve as a unifying voice for osteopathic medical education. Having grown from a handful of college administrators a century ago, the organization today represents the administration, faculty and students of all the osteopathic medical colleges in the United States. The association, guided by its Board of Deans and various other member councils and committees, is actively involved in all areas of osteopathic medical education.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Finance and Operations, the Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets, reconciling bank statements, and generating cost reports. This position is also responsible for collecting pertinent information for third party audits and answering accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
In addition to keeping financial records updated, the Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the Finance Department by aiding with accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts and ensuring that all work is submitted accurately and on time to support the achievement of AACOM’s business goals.
The Staff Accountant’s primary responsibilities are:
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals, and logs
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
- Prepare documentation requested by external auditors
- Constantly update job knowledge
Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an accounts receivable or payables clerk.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- Proven experience with Excel for financial analysis and accounting reconciliations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Internet and e-mail proficiency, and various accounting systems such as Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus.
- Ability to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Associate’s degree or equivalent experience. At least two years’ experience in accounting or related field.
AACOM is an equal opportunity and employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.