| POSITION TITLE:
| POSITION CODE:
| SUBMIT RESUME
& ANY MATERIALS TO:
| REPORTS TO:
||Director of IT and Operations
||Nov. 20, 2018
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) was founded in 1898 to lend support and assistance to the nation's osteopathic medical schools, and to serve as a unifying voice for osteopathic medical education.
Having grown from a handful of college administrators a century ago, the organization today represents the administration, faculty and students of over 34 osteopathic medical schools operating through over 51 campuses across the United States. The association, guided by its Board of Deans and various other member councils and committees, is actively involved in all areas of osteopathic medical education.
The Systems Analyst will analyze AACOM’s existing systems for improvement, recommends new system processes, and keeps detailed documentation of all structural and process changes. The systems analyst must follow best practices and align with company goals, while creating better procedures and solutions that help the organization operate more efficiently and effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives that support and enhance our existing Microsoft based systems.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of AACOM systems
- Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Assist in managing an outsource relationship with 3rd party application development and programming consultants.
- Assist IT Support vendor with application installation and testing.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Analyze data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Provide minor programming for some in-house IT projects.
- Train the system’s end users and write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
- Work with Application Specialist to ensure database and data integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on technology experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support
- Good background in Database design in Microsoft SQL and Access
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products
- Project management experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with associations preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamic CRM preferred
Office environment. Able to travel to other local office sites. Domestic travel may be required.
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).