February 27, 2019
On Thursday, March 7, 2019, we invite you to join us for the third annual Joint ACGME/AOGME pre-conference workshop during the ACGME Annual Educational Conference. This full-day workshop will be followed by a reception to celebrate the one-year anniversary since the launch of AOGME, at 4:30 PM ET at the Headwaters Lounge, Rosen Shingle Creek, Orlando, FL.
The pre-conference workshop programming is intended for individuals from AOA-approved programs and institutions seeking to increase their knowledge about ACGME accreditation and Osteopathic Recognition. Sessions will cover topics including:
- Structure and function of the ACGME
- A year in the life of an ACGME program
- Updates on the NRMP match
- The role of the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC)
- Updates on recent revisions on the ACGME Common Program Requirements
- Understanding Milestones and the Clinical Competency Committee (CCC)
- Tools for programs in Continued Pre-Accreditation
- Review of recent requirement revisions and application updates for Osteopathic Recognition
- Clinical Learning Environment Review program overview
- Creating a scholarly culture to support resident and faculty scholarly activity
Join the conversation during the conference on twitter using the hashtag #ACGME2019 and also be sure to share your pictures and insights with AOGME using #AOGME.
In February, we held two live webinars that are now available for on-demand viewing. On February 6, Kimberly Wolf, DO, Director of Pediatric OMM at Touro University California College of Osteopathic Medicine (TUCOM-CA), discussed approaches to building a curriculum for Osteopathic Recognition. In addition, on February 21, Paul Johnson, Executive Director of the ACGME Institution Review Committee, discussed how to prepare for site visits and maintain continued accreditation. View the webinar recordings and slides.
We are pleased to receive a number of abstract submissions for the first residents and fellows poster session at the AACOM conference! The residents and fellows poster session will be held on Thursday, April 11 at 9:15-10:15 AM ET. Learn more about the programming at the conference and register today.
Please feel free to reach out to us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 301-657-7881.
Thank you for your continued support,
Lisa R. Nash, DO, MS-HPEd, FAAFP, FAOGME