Nominations are now being accepted for the 2018 Assembly of Osteopathic Graduate Medical Educators (AOGME) (formerly AODME) awards. AOGME is a professional membership group within AACOM, which encompasses the membership of the former Association of Osteopathic Directors and Medical Educators (AODME). Learn more about the integration of AODME within AACOM.
The AOGME Awards will be presented at Educating Leaders 2018
, the AACOM Annual Conference. Click on the award titles below to download nomination materials or view the list of awards on AOGME's web page
Nominations are due by Monday, February 12, 2018.
Award for Excellence in Osteopathic Medical Education
This award recognizes research and initiatives that excel in the continuum of education in the areas of pre-doctoral, post-doctoral, and continuing medical education.
Categories for Recognition:
- Pre-Doctoral Programs
- Post-Doctoral Programs
- Continuing Medical Education
The Leadership Award recognizes AOGME members who have contributed noteworthy service to the osteopathic profession and to AOGME in the past twelve months.
Special Lifetime Achievement Award
- Candidate must be a current member of AOGME.
- Candidate should have demonstrated exemplary leadership skills in the area of osteopathic medical education (OME).
- Candidate should be innovative and creative in OME development.
- Candidate should be supportive of AOGME and have contributed to AOGME in substantive action.
This award recognizes AOGME members who have been instrumental in advancing the mission and purposes of AOGME through loyal and long-term meritorious service.
- Candidate must be current or have been a member in good standing of AOGME.
- Candidate must have enhanced the educational process on a local, state, or national level in such a way as to promote the osteopathic profession in general and AOGME in particular.
- Candidate should have demonstrated exceptional skills in the art and science of medical education.
- Candidate should be or have been active in serving in local, state, or national medical education organizations.
- Candidate should be or have been active in enhancing the public’s perception of osteopathic medicine.
- Candidate should be or have been active in providing effective leadership in the political and legislative advancement of osteopathic medicine
For more information:
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) represents the 34 accredited colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States. These colleges are accredited to deliver instruction at 49 teaching locations in 32 states. In the current academic year, these colleges are educating nearly 29,000 future physicians—more than 20 percent of all U.S. medical students. Six of the colleges are public and 28 are private institutions.
AACOM was founded in 1898 to support and assist the nation's osteopathic medical schools, and to serve as a unifying voice for osteopathic medical education. AACOM’s mission is to promote excellence in osteopathic medical education, in research and in service, and to foster innovation and quality among osteopathic medical colleges to improve the health of the American public.
AOGME is an integral component of AACOM and represents a robust membership of leaders in osteopathic GME.