This month, the AOGME Collegium of Fellows opened the application process for new members who seek to be recognized as part of this prestigious fellowship. The Collegium is an assembly of leaders who have earned the award of "fellow" in recognition of their dedication and commitment to osteopathic medical education. The new fellows will be officially inducted at the Collegium of Fellows Reception and Ceremony at Educating Leaders 2019, the AACOM Annual Conference. Learn more and apply today; applications will be accepted until December 31, 2018.
The AOGME member vote to approve AOGME bylaws revisions and the new Residents and Fellows Council bylaws and strategic plan concluded in early October, which was followed by a vote of the AACOM Executive Committee. Both sets of bylaws were approved through this process. View the approved AOGME bylaws and the bylaws for the Residents and Fellows Council (RFC).
Last month, we kicked off a membership drive for the new AOGME Residents and Fellows Council. We are thrilled that new members have joined as inaugural members. The RFC has planned several activities including:
- A webinar on December 5, featuring Susan Sanford, an independent health care consultant, on the physician job search process
- A residents and fellows council listserv and online community
- Poster Session at Educating Leaders 2019
- First business meeting and luncheon on Friday, April 12 at Educating Leaders 2019
- Workshop on the physician job search process on Friday, April 12 at Educating Leaders 2019
- One-day leadership track and workshops at Educating Leaders 2019 on Saturday, April 13
Please share this important membership opportunity to residents and fellows and encourage them to apply today!
AOGME is seeking your involvement in strategic efforts through ad hoc and standing committees, and in other leadership positions. Please respond to this brief questionnaire indicating your interest.
We would love to hear from you, please feel free to reach out to us at any time with direct inquires by emailing email@example.com or calling us at 301-657-7881.
Thank you for your continued support,
Lisa R. Nash, DO, MS-HPEd, FAAFP, FAOGME