The Assembly of Osteopathic Graduate Medical Educators (AOGME) Nominations Committee is seeking nominations for open seats for three at-large members to join the AOGME Board in April 2019. Individuals may self-nominate. The board member elections will be for a two-year term of office beginning in April 2019 after the Annual Business Meeting to be held at Educating Leaders 2019, the AACOM Annual Conference.
Please send your nominations by January 11, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When selecting nominees to recommend to the AOGME Board, the Nominations Committee will consider professional qualifications and skills, geographic representation, program and institution diversity, and individual diversity of current members.
Nominees must be willing to take an active role in the leadership to support the mission and purpose of the AOGME. The individual should also be able to commit time to support AOGME’s regular business and initiatives and be able to attend board meetings. The individual is expected to participate in seven to eight yearly meetings, of which a minimum of two must be in person.
Nominees should meet the following criteria:
- Is an active member in good standing with AOGME, formerly the Association of Osteopathic Directors and Medical Educators (AODME)
- Has been a member of AOGME (formerly AODME) for at least three years prior to this election
- Has attended a minimum of two AOGME (or AODME) annual business meetings
- Has served on at least one committee or board either within AOGME (or AODME) or another state or national organization connected with medical education (graduate medical education preferred)
Nominations must include:
- A one-page letter addressed to the AOGME Nominations Committee stating the nominee’s intent on running for a seat on the AOGME Board
- There are three at-large seats up for election
- Be sure to indicate the reasons for the nominee's interest in the position and why the nominee is suitable for the position
- A current brief CV (two-page max)
If you are nominating someone other than yourself, we ask that you contact the person you are nominating to confirm he or she is interested in serving and that the individual meets all nominee requirements.
For questions or concerns, please contact AOGME at (301) 657-7881 or email at email@example.com.