In April 2020, the AOGME held its first open forum for members to discuss COVID-19 pandemic related challenges, experiences and approaches. Participants expressed appreciation for the opportunity to connect and share their experiences with colleagues and prompted the AOGME leadership to continue holding these forums. Since April, the discussions have continued on a bi-weekly basis through June 3rd.
The AOGME COVID-19 discussion opportunities offer a safe and encouraging space for AOGME members to address concerns and share insights amongst a community of peers. Some participants found reassurance in the discussions and others used them as sounding boards to brainstorm and discuss new ideas and approaches in their programs/institutions. A few of the topics discussed in previous meetings include:
- Residency match timeline
- Virtual interviews and orientation
- Quarantine requirements for residents going to hospitals from “hot spots”
- State licensure considerations related to COVID-19
- Transition to the single GME accreditation system
- Telehealth/telemedicine during COVID-19
- Financial impact of COVID-19 on programs and institutions
- Away rotations
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to attend and do not have the meeting invitations on your calendar.