As members of the Osteopathic medical profession, and in an effort to instill loyalty and strengthen the profession, we recall the tenets on which this profession is founded — the dynamic interaction of mind, body and spirit; the body’s ability to heal itself; the primary role of the musculoskeletal system; and preventative medicine as the key to maintain health. We recognize the work our precessors have accomplished in building the profession, and we commit ourselves to continuing that work.
I pledge to:
- Provide compassionate, quality care to my patients
- Partner with them to promote health;
- Display integrity and professionalism throughout my career;
- Advance the philosophy, practice and science of Osteopathic Medicine;
- Continue life-long learning;
- Support my profession with loyalty and action, word and deed; and
- Live each day as an example of what osteopathic physicians should be.