What is COSGP?
The Council of Osteopathic Student Government Presidents (COSGP) is an official council of the American Association of College of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM). The Council was established in 1972 and was originally known as the Council of Student Presidents.
COSGP serves as the official national representative voting voice of all osteopathic medical students. Its members work to maintain communication, disseminate information, foster student leadership, and provide a mechanism for the exchange of ideas between students of different colleges of osteopathic medicine.
Purpose and Goals
The purpose and goals of the COSGP are as follows:
- To assemble student leaders from each college of osteopathic medicine (COM)
- To collaborate on issues affecting all osteopathic medical students
- To foster the exchange of ideas, information, and problem solving affecting individual colleges of osteopathic medicine
- To effectively communicate and represent the osteopathic medical student perspective to professional and educational organizations including AACOM, AOA, NBOME, and other relevant organizations – AOA Affiliates, Partnerships, and Teams
- To encourage professional development and leadership among osteopathic medical students
- To support and promote the principles and pride of osteopathic medicine among osteopathic medical students and the American public