The Administrator Leadership Development Program (ALDP), an AACOM Leadership Institute offering, is for osteopathic administrative leaders serving as department chairs, vice chairs, directors, heads, assistant deans, and associate deans (henceforth referred to as “administrators”) who lead departments and programs at U.S. colleges of osteopathic medicine (COMs). The program assists new and experienced administrators with similar academic and administrative responsibilities to develop and enhance critical leadership and management competencies. The Institute’s objective is to ensure that Fellows have a positive impact on their institutions, and that COMs have the leadership necessary to meet the challenges and identify the opportunities presented by a dynamic health care environment.
Upon completion of the Administrator Leadership Development Program (ALDP), you will be well positioned to meet today’s OME challenges including the ability to:
- Understand and build on your personal strengths as a leader
- Communicate effectively with senior administrators, faculty, and students
- Set priorities and implement plans
- Improve time management and work-life balance
- Identify and address faculty and staff management and performance issues
- Enhance academic law understanding and effectively interact with legal counsel
- Prepare for and meet COCA expectations
- Strengthen relationships between your institution and others
- Implement your personal career plan
- Network with peers
The deadline to apply is December 15, 2017. Apply Now!