Date/Time: September 8, 2020 at 2pm in Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- The ongoing epidemic of burnout and self-harm among both osteopathic and allopathic medical students has long been known.
- Rates of depression and suicide are much higher among medical student cohorts than the average population.
- Research shows that wellness and self-care can combat mental health issues and are necessary for physicians to be effective in their clinical practice and community involvement.
- There is a wealth of data on how to effectively use modern technology to address these issues, specifically the utilization of smart phones and tablets amongst the medical student population.
- This presents the opportunity for a novel approach to help address the mental health issues faced by medical students and future physicians.
Register for the webinar