The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) is pleased to announce an updated series of educational debt management modules for osteopathic medical students and recent graduates. These modules have been updated to ensure consistency with federal policies and regulations.
Financial aid administrators can use this module series to support and enhance their school’s educational debt management programs and counseling. The modules can also be utilized within schools’ general financial literacy programs.
Each module contains specific information and resources to help osteopathic medical students borrow strategically and ensure they are prepared to responsibly repay their loans after they graduate and enter residency training.
The modules cover a broad scope of important financial aid and budgeting topics:
Module 1: Borrowing Considerations and Repayment Options
- Provides a summary of the financial aid landscape for incoming osteopathic medical students.
Module 2: Student Loan and Financial Best Practices
- Identifies useful processes for managing student debt.
Module 3: Choosing Between Federal and Private Repayment and Forgiveness Programs
- Offers helpful considerations for residents in planning their next steps for loan repayment.
Module 4: Modern Student Loan Repayment Case Studies for Today's Osteopathic Medical School Graduates
- Demonstrates ways in which information from the preceding modules is put into practice to create a long-term loan and debt management strategy.
Module 5: Managing Your Income and Finances Early in Your Career
- Presents several practical life-long financial habits for physicians to develop early on.
AACOM offers these modules as part of a continuing commitment to help provide financial aid professionals at the nation’s osteopathic medical schools with the best educational debt management assistance possible for their students and graduates.
Access the modules on the AACOM website.