Registration is now open for the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine and Association of Osteopathic Directors and Medical Educators Joint 2011 Annual Meeting, to be held April 13-16, 2011, at the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront in Baltimore, Maryland. Join your colleagues for an information-packed Annual Meeting focused on Meeting Future Health Care Needs: The Role of Interprofessional Education. Sessions will explore how interprofessional, team-based medical education can help future physicians meet the nation’s needs, particularly in the post-health care reform era. Register before February 28 to take advantage of early-bird registration rates.
Visit the AACOM web site to view the complete conference program. Highlights include:
Provocative plenary sessions, including:
Madeline H. Schmitt, PhD, RN, Professor Emeritus, University of Rochester School of Nursing (confirmed)
Donald Berwick, MD, Administrator, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (invited)
More programming on more topics than ever before, including:
- Two Special Pre-Conference Workshops on Tuesday, April 12:
o Leading with Vision, Value and Strategy
o Enhancing Clinical Teaching with a Focus on OPP
- Spanish Language and Culture for the Medical Profession: An Interprofessional Language and Cultural Competency Course
- Synchronous Distance Education: A Report on Academic Performance and Student Perceptions
- How to Communicate in an Emergency or Crisis
- Too Many Students, Not Enough GME? How We Got Here and Where We Go
- Social Networking in Medical Education: Opportunities and Disasters
- Interprofessional Education: Making it Work
- Developing New Sites and New Faculty – Opportunities and Challenges
- And more!
Thursday evening at Baltimore’s acclaimed National Aquarium
Friday evening AACOM Awards Banquet and AODME Collegium Induction Ceremony
The Joint AACOM and AODME 2011 Annual Meeting is the premier event for the nation's osteopathic medical education community to connect and discuss challenges and opportunities. Register today for this must-attend meeting. And, don’t forget to reserve your hotel accommodations.
For more information, contact Beth Martino, AACOM Manager of Meetings and Events, at (301) 968-4189 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Penny Friske, AODME Executive Director, at (312) 202-8211 email@example.com.