Photo at right: Members interact during PCOC’s fall meeting.
The Primary Care Organizations Consortium (PCOC) met on September 9, 2011, at the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine’s (AACOM) office. AACOM has hosted PCOC’s fall meetings for the past three years, and plans to continue to do so in the future.
The meeting began with approval of minutes from PCOC’s April meeting and revisions of the PCOC mission, values and administrative rules. Representatives from the following PCOC member organizations each gave presentations: the Student Osteopathic Medical Association, American Medical Student Association, and Association of American Medical Colleges. Participants also heard legislative updates from AACOM Director of Government Relations Pamela Murphy, MSW, and American Academy of Pediatrics Director of the Department of Federal Affairs Mark Del Monte, JD.
PCOC member organizations include:
- Academic Pediatric Association
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Medical Student Association
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors
- Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine
- Division of Medicine & Dentistry (HRSA)
- Medicine Pediatric Program Directors Association
- National Physicians Alliance
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- Student Osteopathic Medical Association
PCOC’s next meeting will be held April 16, 2012, at the offices of the Association of American Medical Colleges.