Photo caption: Burt N. Routman, DO, FACOFP, (right) Chair and Professor of Family Medicine at Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine and the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians representative to PCOC, receives an award recognizing his service to the PCOC steering committee from John M. Pascoe, MD, MPH, (left) practicing physician in the Department of Pediatrics at the Children’s Medical Center and the American Pediatric Association representative to PCOC.
The Primary Care Organizations Consortium (PCOC) met on September 7, 2012, at the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine’s (AACOM) headquarters. AACOM has hosted PCOC’s fall meetings for the past four years.
At the meeting, representatives from the following PCOC member organizations each gave presentations: the Student Osteopathic Medical Association, American Medical Student Association, Association of American Medical Colleges, and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Participants also heard legislative updates from AACOM Director of Government Relations Pamela Murphy, MSW, and American Academy of Pediatrics Department of Federal Affairs Associate Director Robert Hall, JD, MPAff. AACOM President and CEO Stephen C. Shannon, DO, MPH, presented an update on AACOM and current developments in osteopathic medical education.
PCOC member organizations include:
- Academic Pediatric Association
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Medical Student Association
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors
- Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine
- Division of Medicine & Dentistry (HRSA)
- Medicine-Pediatric Program Directors Association
- National Physicians Alliance
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- Student Osteopathic Medical Association
PCOC’s next meeting will be held in spring 2013 at the offices of the Association of American Medical Colleges. A date for the meeting has not yet been announced.