The COILS is a series of case studies designed to help individuals learn uniquely osteopathic concepts.
These cases instruct students on where osteopathic manual medicine fits in the treatment of medical conditions that are commonly encountered by physicians. They are a valuable tool for osteopathic medical training programs. They provide a valuable resource for both students and instructors alike.
A new COILS edition is currently in production and will be announced when available.
Contents & Scenarios
- What is a COIL Scenario?
- Instructor Guidelines
- Student Guidelines
- Part One: Systemic Issues
- Part Two: Musculoskeletal Issues
4. Inertial Injury
7. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
8. Knee Pain
9. Degenerative Disc Disease
10. Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Part Three: Cardiac Issues
11. Myocardial Infarction
12. Congestive Heart Failure
- Part Four: Pulmonary Issues
13. Bacterial Lobar Pneumonia
14. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Part Five: Gastrointestinal issues
18. Ileus Following Abdominal Surgery
19. Chest Pain Following Sternotomy
- Part Seven: Pediatric Issues
- Part Eight: Hospital Medicine
22. OMT in the Hospitalized Patient