On January 15, the National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME) announced the 2014 COMLEX-USA Examination Item Writer and Case Author of the Year Award winners.
NBOME is the leading testing and evaluation organization for the osteopathic medical profession. The NBOME Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination of the United States (COMLEX-USA) series provides the means to assess competencies for osteopathic medicine and licensure for osteopathic physicians in the United States.
The 2014 Item Writer and Case Author of the Year Awardees, selected by the NBOME Board of Directors, are National Faculty members who made exceptional contributions to the 2014 COMLEX-USA and the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Achievement Test (COMAT) examinations and assessment series, and include:
- William J. Elliott, MD, PhD, COMLEX-USA Examination Item Writer of the Year, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention/Health Care Delivery series.
- Mark Gabay, DO, COMLEX-USA Examination Item Writer of the Year, Level 2-Cognition Evaluation (CE) series.
- Jonathan K. Kalmey, PhD, second-time COMLEX-USA Examination Item Writer of the Year, Level 1 examination series.
- Jaime M. Rawson, DO, COMLEX-USA Examination Item Writer of the Year, Level 3 examination series.
- Sheldon C. Yao, DO, COMLEX-USA Examination Item Writer of the Year, Osteopathic Principles and Practice series.
- Michael P. Seaman, DO, COMAT Examination Series Item Writer of the Year.
- Thomas H. O’Hare, DO, Case Author of the Year, COMLEX-USA Level 2-Performance Evaluation (PE) series of clinical skills examinations.
For more information visit the NBOME website.