The Joint AACOM & AODME 2015 Annual Conference will be held April 22-25 at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Early registration opens in January—be sure to register early to take advantage of special pricing.
Under the theme, “The Osteopathic Medical Education Continuum: Exploring Opportunities & Achieving New Milestones,” the conference will offer sessions focused on:
- New developments in graduate medical education
- Competency assessment
- Teaching and learning
- Education research
- Professional development
- and other exciting topics and crucial issues facing our academic programs, educators, and students
The program will consist of sessions designed to address contemporary issues and concepts seen throughout the osteopathic medical education continuum—from accreditation through translational research.
We have received a record breaking number of abstracts for this year’s conference, soliciting over 140 submissions. AACOM is looking forward to exhibiting a full, informative program including a variety of scientific tracks and topics relevant to osteopathic medical education.
AACOM will also be offering pre-conference faculty development workshops at this year’s conference. The workshops will take place on April, 21. You will be able to enroll for one of the four following workshops upon registering for the conference. Enroll early—seating is limited! Pre-conference workshops include:
- Training Osteopathic Primary Care Educators, TOPCE
- Socratic Circles: a New Interactive Teaching Model in Medical Education
- Competencies, Milestones, and EPAs: Strategies for Assessment Using ePortfolios
- 49 Shades of Research: Are You Ready for Single Accreditation?
Be sure to check the Annual Conference webpage regularly for updates, and we look forward to seeing you in Florida in April!