AACOM recently released the second edition of A Brief Guide to Osteopathic Medicine, For Students, By Students (BGOM). Written by osteopathic medical students Patrick Wu and Jonathan Siu, this 32-page guide is a comprehensive resource designed to help aspiring physicians understand osteopathic medicine and the path to becoming an osteopathic physician, as well as these highlights:
- A brief history of osteopathic medicine, from its US origins to its worldwide reach today
- The philosophy of osteopathic medicine and an introduction to osteopathic medicine basics
- An overview of what it means to be a DO
- An outline of osteopathic manipulative medicine (OMM) techniques
- A description of the growing opportunities available for osteopathic medical students and DOs
A PDF version of the 2015 BGOM is available, free of charge, on AACOM’s online bookstore. Download the latest edition of BGOM today!