he matriculant report by state and by college of osteopathic medicine (COM) is the annual report prepared by the AACOM Research Department. Included in the Osteopathic Medical Colleges Matriculants by U.S. States and Territories report are graphs, tables, and maps showing the number of in-state and out-of-state matriculants to the COMs.
Similar to 2014 matriculant data across all the U.S. COMS, an average of 44.3 percent of matriculants for the 2015 entering class were in-state applicants.
The 2015 Matriculant Report also includes information for the following statistics:
- COMs matriculated a total of 6,797 applicants to the 2015 entering class—a slight 3.5 percent increase from the 2014 entering class figure.
- Of the 6,797 matriculants for the 2015 entering class, 55.6 percent are male and 44.4 percent are female.
- 97 percent (6,601) of these matriculants reported their legal residence in a U.S. state or territory in their AACOMAS application.
- Several of the public COMs—MSUCOM, OU-HCOM, RowanSOM and OSU-COM—had the most in-state matriculants with an average of 91 percent.
- Similarly, COMs located in states with a large population—TUCOM-CA, NYITCOM, and WesternU/COMP—enrolled a high amount of in-state matriculants at an average of 83 percent.
Additional information on matriculants may be found in the 2015 Applicant and Matriculant Profile Report. Get the latest research at the AACOM Reports web page.