On Friday, November 13, 2015, AACOM hosted a webinar on the single graduate medical education (GME) accreditation system and Osteopathic Recognition. The webinar featured speakers from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and was designed specifically for osteopathic medical students.
Topics covered included:
- Background, overview and timeline of the single GME accreditation system
- Important information on eligibility FAQs for specialties with a preliminary year
- Latest news and statistics on the transition of AOA-accredited programs and institutions
- Overview of Osteopathic Recognition of programs and latest updates from the ACGME Osteopathic Principles Committee
- Resources to help students navigate the transition to the single GME accreditation system
Lorenzo Pence, DO, Senior Vice President, Osteopathic Accreditation, ACGME
Natasha Bray, DO, Vice Chair, Osteopathic Principles Committee, ACGME
For additional resources and updates on the transition to the single GME accreditation system, visit www.aacom.org/singlegme, www.acgme.org and osteopathic.org/singlegme.