The Council on Diversity and Equity will promote evidence-based practices and initiatives on issues related to a culture of diversity and inclusion and will further the purpose of the organization in the following ways:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas.
- Prepare and present recommendations for improvement in the profession.
- Assist and collaborate with other AACOM constituent groups in their efforts to promote/broaden/improve osteopathic medical education and the profession.
- Advance the mission of promoting and increasing a culture of diversity and inclusion by its very value and through advocacy, education, and communication to serve our members, students, institution, and the profession.
- The AACOM Diversity Committee believes that the richness of human experiences is formed by diversity and that diversity is essential to achieving an inclusive and equitable learning environment in which to grow and thrive as future osteopathic physicians.
AACOM Staff Liaisons