SOME Operating Strategies
The Society seeks to include those involved in educational programs through the colleges of osteopathic medicine, osteopathic post-graduate training institutions (OPTIs), specialty colleges, and continuing medical education programs. The mission of the society is to promote the continuous collaborative improvement of osteopathic medical education.
The strategies of this Council shall be to:
- share information regarding current educational practices, including content, processes, and administrative oversight, along the continuum of osteopathic medical education
- implement best practices for medical education programs along the continuum of osteopathic medical education
- promote, plan, conduct and disseminate the results of individual and collaborative osteopathic medical education research
- provide opportunities for collaboration among the colleges of osteopathic medicine and among educational programs along the continuum of osteopathic medical education
- develop and recommend administrative policies that would promote and reward education scholarship,
- present recommendations to the Board of Deans and to prepare and present other reports which may be requested by the Board of Deans.
AACOM Staff Liaison
Mark Speicher, PhD
Senior VP of Medical Education and Research
If you wish to join the SOME Community, email Lynn Bragan, indicating the following:
- That you are responsible for creating and/or implementing an osteopathic medical education program and are eligible to be an official voting member of SOME.
or, if this does not apply to you -
- Indicate that you would like join the online community to participate in the discussions.
- Also note that you agree to abide by usage terms when you log into the community and have reviewed the SOME SIG guidelines.
The Society is led by a Steering Committee that is representative of the full continuum of osteopathic medical education, including continuing medical education. Membership on the Steering Committee is determined by a vote of the Society membership in attendance at the Annual Conference.
Steering Committee Members 2020-2021
Chair: Jennifer A. Fischer, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Molecular Biology, Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
Chair-Elect: Nicole Wadsworth, DO, Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine
Secretary: Christopher C. Keller, PhD, Associate Professor of Microbiology/Immunology, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Past-Chair: Patricia S. Sexton, DHEd, NAOME Fellows Past-Chair, Associate Dean of Curriculum, AT Still University Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
Steering Committee Member: Michael Bradbury, PhD, Chair and Professor of Biochemistry, AT Still University Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
Steering Committee Member: Teresa A. Hubka, DO, Department Chair and Clinical Professor, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
Steering Committee Member: Sherry Jimenez, EdD, Associate Dean of Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice, Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
Steering Committee Member: Molly Johannessen, PhD, Assistant Professor of Physiology, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus
Steering Committee Member: David L. Tolentino, DO, Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs, Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine
Steering Committee Member: Sarah Zahl, PhD, Assistant Dean for Accreditation Logistics and Advancement, Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Student COSGP National Medical Education Representative: Hannah Glanz OMS-III, Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
NAOME Liaison: Pamela Basehore, EdD, MPH, Assistant Dean for Assessment, Associate Professor of Geriatrics and Gerontology, Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
EPA Liaison: Machelle Linsenmeyer, EdD, Associate Dean for Assessment and Educational Development, West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine