NAOME Application Process
Because the review process focuses on applicants’ educational contributions and achievements within a professional context, there are several documents to verify and consider. You are encouraged to work with a NAOME Fellow mentor early in the process of developing your mini-portfolio.
- Determine what Scholarship Category best fits your experience
- Print Reference Check and obtain signature from your department chair, dean, or other appropriate official
- Decide if you will request a NAOME Mentor to help with your mini-portfolio
After the above
- Prepare mini-portfolio that presents evidence of scholarship and is constructed following the guidelines and using the template provided in Portfolio Preparation (e.g. not to exceed 25 pages)
- Update CV
- Submit Application (reference form, mini-portfolio and CV) via this link.
Note: When you submit your mini-portfolio, you will be asked to attest to the following:
Have you had any disciplinary or adverse action imposed against any professional license or by an institutional governing board, or were you denied professional license, or have you entered into any consent agreement, stipulated order or settlement with any regulatory board; OR have you been notified of any complaints or investigations against your license that have not yet been resolved and/or have you been notified of any institutional disciplinary actions that have not yet been resolved?
Please download and use the NAOME Reapplication Form if you are one of the following:
- A current NAOME Fellow applying for an additional term
- A current NAOME Fellow applying for Advisory status
Application Review Process
All applications will be reviewed by a Review Panel in a manner similar to an NIH grant-review study section (see Selection Process). Individuals meeting or exceeding the criteria will be accepted as Fellows in the Academy.