Faculty must demonstrate scholarship in one of the following four categories. Scholarship moves beyond excellent practice to the development of peer-reviewed educational products that are publicly available.
Which Category is Right for You?
Development of Enduring Educational Materials
- You mostly prepare education materials.
- You have presented the material at a regional or national conference.
- Your work has been evaluated, peer-reviewed, and/or demonstrated to be useful.
- You mostly hold significant leadership roles in courses, curriculum development, education-related grant or administrative duties.
- You plan and execute meetings, activities, policy, and curriculum development.
- You have mentored others in any capacity.
- You mostly perform research.
- Your research is on medical education.
- You have been published or have presented nationally.
- You mostly teach and/or work with curriulum.
- You teach in clinical settings, labs, or online.
- You have tangible outcomes.