Councils and Committees
AACOM Councils provide opportunities for members and constituents to collaborate together, contribute to AACOM projects and initiatives and influence the future of osteopathic medical education.
Created by the AACOM Board of Deans, AACOM councils support the work of the association on behalf of all member colleges.
Each dean appoints voting members for each council. Council officers or AACOM staff liaisons may also invite non-voting members to participate, as appropriate, and according to a council's bylaws.
Councils typically meet twice a year and collaborate virtually through AACOM Communities. Learn more about each council:
- CFO - Council of Fiscal Officers
- CIT - Council for Information Technology
- CDE - Council on Diversity and Equity
- COMAO - Council of Osteopathic Medical Admissions Officers
- COOL - Council of Osteopathic Librarians
- COR - Council of Osteopathic Researchers
- CORP - Council on Residency Placement
- COSGP - Council of Osteopathic Student Government Presidents
- CSA - Council on Student Affairs
- CSFAA - Council of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Dev-Alum - Council of Development and Alumni Relations Professionals
- ECOP - Educational Council on Osteopathic Principles
- MAC - Marketing and Communications Advisory Council
The Assembly of Osteopathic Graduate Medical Educators (AOGME) is an AACOM membership consisting of individuals working in osteopathic graduate medical education. Its mission is to improve public health, advance excellence in medical residency training and increase the number of graduate medical education programs obtaining Osteopathic Recognition.
The National Academy of Osteopathic Medical Educators (NAOME) is a community of outstanding educators (termed Fellows) who have met rigorous standards of academic excellence within the last five years. Fellows are asked to mentor and support academic excellence and scholarship in the osteopathic medical education profession.
Other AACOM Groups
AACOM hosts online discussion forums for a wide variety of ad hoc committees and other interest groups in AACOM Communities. Some have open membership and some are by invitation only.
- Board of Deans
As AACOM's governing body, the Board of Deans determines the policies and manages the affairs and activities of the association.
BOD Community (members only)
- Assembly of Presidents
The Assembly of Presidents provides guidance to the Board of Deans on all matters, financial and otherwise, that impact the association's member colleges.
AOP Community (members only)
Closed & Proprietary AACOM Communities
These communities are only available to AACOM Council members or groups of like individuals.
- Chairs of Family Medicine
- Clinical Administrators Group (for those who manage clinical rotations)
- Clinical Deans
- Core Competency Liaisons
- AACOM Council Leadership (AACOM Council officers)
If you are eligible and interested in joining one of these groups, please contact Mark R. Speicher, PhD, MHA.
Open Groups for Medical Educators
Request to join a group below. Include your name, title, email, institution, address and phone number.
- Advance OGME
request to join Advance OGME / learn more
- Clinical Educators
request to join Clinical Educators / learn more
- EPAs Interest Group
request to join EPAs Interest Group / learn more
- Faculty Development Special Interest Group
request to join Faculty Development SIG / learn more
- International Collaborative
request to join the International Collaborative SIG / learn more
- Interprofessional Education
request to join Interprofessional Education
- OMM Faculty Development
request to join OMM Faculty Development
- OPTI Interest Group - For physicians or educators involved with an Osteopathic Postdoctoral Training Institution
request to join the OPTI Interest Group
- Society of Osteopathic Medical Educators
request to join SOME / learn more