Council of Osteopathic Librarians
The Council of Osteopathic Librarians' (COOL) mission is operating and maintaining medical libraries at a school of osteopathic medicine.
The purpose of this council is to:
- Share information regarding current library and information science practices, including content, processes and administrative oversight, in support of osteopathic medical education, research and patient care;
- Participate in dialogue regarding best practices for health science library and information services, including reference, instruction, curricular support and collection development in support of osteopathic medical education, research and patient care;
- Promote, plan, conduct and disseminate the results of individual and a collaborative osteopathic library and information science research;
- Promote opportunities for collaboration among the colleges of osteopathic medicine and among their libraries for preserving, promoting, facilitating and ensuring permanent access to the osteopathic medical literature;
- Explore administrative policies that would promote and reward library and information science scholarship.