AACOM's Council on Diversity and Equity (CDE)
The Council on Diversity and Equity (CDE) leads and advocates best practices in academic medicine that advances diversity and inclusion at AACOM member institutions, with the ultimate goal of training osteopathic physicians to provide high quality healthcare for all communities.
The event featured several 12- to 15-minute panel discussions on the following topics:
- Introduction by Robert A. Cain, DO, FACOI, FAODME, AACOM's President and CEO
- Impact upon the Learner – presented by Chantel Thompson, SNMA President Elect, Student National Medical Association
- Impact upon the Healer – presented by William McDade, MD, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, ACGME
- Impact upon Medical Education – presented by Barbara Ross-Lee, DO, Former Dean, first African-American woman to become dean of a medical school
- Impact upon Societal Health – presented by Darla Spence Coffey, PhD, MSW, President and CEO of the Council on Social Work Education
- Impact upon Mental Health and Well-being – presented by Brian Smedley, PhD, Chief of Psychology in the Public Interest and Acting Chief Diversity Officer for the American Psychological Association
The webinar was moderated by Marcine Pickron-Davis, PhD, Chief Diversity and Community Relations Officer at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM).