Join the Online Community for the Advancement of Osteopathic Training in GME!
August 04, 2023
Accreditation Administrator Assessments/Evaluations Faculty Faculty Development Free Osteopathic History & Principles Osteopathic Recognition Practicing Osteopathic Medicine Scholarship & Research Website Wellness
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM), through the Assembly of Osteopathic Graduate Medical Educators (AOGME), invites you to participate in a new community created to advance discussions related to osteopathic recognition and osteopathic training in graduate medical education (GME).
This new listserv aims to connect faculty, program directors, directors of osteopathic education, directors of medical education, administrators and staff, and other interested parties who can share, question, assist, and promote osteopathic training in GME within the single GME accreditation system.
Through this online forum we hope to introduce potential colleagues to one another, expand our knowledge and resources on the osteopathic clinical learning environment, and showcase ongoing activity to promote and support osteopathic training and osteopathic recognition.
Although AACOM is convening this virtual community, you will lead the discussion. Potential topic areas we may explore include:
- How to achieve and maintain osteopathic recognition
- Developing curriculum for osteopathic recognition
- Sharing resources and sample documents
- Addressing strategies for faculty development
- Supporting residents and fellows
- Strengthening scholarly activity and research
- Learning more and collaborating on evaluations and assessments
- Gaining insights about milestones
- Breaking down costs and funding
We urge you to consider joining the “Advance OGME” listserv if any of the following are true:
- You are interested in learning more, and sharing what you know, about current efforts to advance the osteopathic clinical learning environment and osteopathic recognition.
- You want to meet potential colleagues who share your interests and are working to improve research, resources, collaboration, faculty development, curriculum, and assessments.
- You want to share what you (or your organization) do in this field that you consider effective or helpful.
- You believe this subject is vital to medical education and the health care system and want to learn more about how you might get involved.
If you are interested, subscribe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org