It’s Not Too Late to Advocate! Register Now for Tomorrow’s AACOM Advocacy Day
Published October 17, 2023
By AACOM Government Relations
Advocacy Federal Policy GME Healthcare Workforce OME Advocate Osteopathic Recognition Osteopathic Representation
AACOM Advocacy Day 2023 kicks off tomorrow, October 17, 2023, with U.S. Representative Chellie Pingree (D-ME) joining us to share an update on the state of Congress.
Rep. Pingree is a cosponsor and champion of the Fair Access In Residency (FAIR) Act (H.R. 751), and represents the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine's district. Rep. Pingree will be joined by external public policy experts and the AACOM Government Relations team to prepare you to effectively communicate with Congress.
It’s not too late to participate! All Advocacy Day activities are virtual, and there is no cost to attend. Join us for this two-day event and make a difference for the future of osteopathic medical education.
Advocacy Day Schedule
October 17: Congressional Overview and Advocacy Training (1:00-3:00 PM ET)
- Opening remarks from AACOM President and CEO Robert A. Cain, DO
- Congressional update from Representative Chellie Pingree (D-ME)
- Budget and appropriations panel featuring senior policy advisors from one of the capital’s leading law firms, Venable LLP
- Messages from Representatives Sam Graves (R-MO) and Julia Letlow (R-LA)
- Advocacy training with AACOM Government Relations
October 18: Advocate!
- Participate in congressional meetings
- Film an Advocacy Day video
- Share your message on social media
- Send a letter to Congress through our Action Center
Join osteopathic leaders, students, faculty, residents and physicians and help us motivate Congress to support osteopathic priorities! For more information, visit the AACOM Advocacy Day web page.