The SOME Innovation Awards application is now open.
The deadline to apply is February 17.
The Society of Osteopathic Medical Educators (SOME) offers two $1,000 awards annually for innovations in osteopathic medical education. Applications are welcome from any SOME member from across the osteopathic medical education continuum. Following a peer review selection process, winners are nationally recognized with awards that are presented at Educating Leaders, the AACOM Annual Conference.
To be eligible for this award, the nominee must be a member of the AACOM Society of Osteopathic Medical Educators (SOME). NOTE: Members of the SOME Steering Committee are not eligible to apply.
SOME is an open-membership society of osteopathic medical educators (faculty and staff) who are involved in planning and/or providing osteopathic medical education programs along the full continuum of osteopathic medical education. See previous innovation award titles and winners.
Applications may be submitted in any of the following award categories:
- Basic Science Medical Education
- Clinical Medical Education – Marguerite Elliott* Award
- Development of Enduring Educational Materials
- Osteopathic Medical Distinctiveness
About the Application
The application process is electronic and requires:
- Title of the Innovation
- Summary of the innovation in less than 1000 words
- Supporting evidence of the effectiveness of the innovation, including qualitative or quantitative data (e.g. letter(s) of support from participants/users/master educational administrators who are well acquainted with the innovation and/or other outcome measurements)
* Who was Marguerite Elliot, DO? She was an early and active member of the Society of Osteopathic Medical Educators. As a program director at an ACGME program, she was a strong and active advocate for osteopathic principles and inclusion of DO’s. Dr. Elliot identified student placement in GME as an issue of importance and advocated for the AACOM Career Compass Guide. Dr. Elliot passed away in February of 2010.